Magento has released their new Magento software that is the upgrade of Magento 1. Magento 2 is much better than the Magento 1 when it comes to security, performance, speed, architecture, and functionality. Thus, if you’re looking for major differences between both the software solution, keep reading this article. In this article, we may dive in detailed comparison of the Magento 1 and Magento 2.
The primary issue with the Magento 1 software was the performance that is improved in their second version Magento 2. Stack of Magento today has changed with addition of many new technologies, like support for newer versions of NGINX, Apache, PHP, MySQL, Symfony, Composer, CLI, and default support of Memcached, Varnish, and Redis.
On their page load speed and query execution, Magento is totally superior to the competitors’ because of caching (Varnish) & database optimization. It is the major improvement over Magento 2 that a lot of users have to face in their Magento 1 software.
- Magento 2 supports new version of PHP and it includes PHP 7. The versions include new enhancements and security fixes.
- Loading time of Magento 2 is much faster than standard version from two to three seconds. For loading the homepage pages, the category pages, and the Product Pages, Magento loads within 1.5 seconds, without making use of user interface caching.
- Content of page gets displayed much faster. Users will not have to wait for loading the whole page to view its primary main content.
- On a server side, Magento is added the module to clear Cache. Thus, users do not have to install third party module just like Magento 1.
- Magento 2 builds their tools to optimize photos directly on Server rather than doing this manually over Magento 1.
- Improve cache handling procedure with static content.
There’re many 3rd party extensions accessible for Magento 1 in the market. But, Installing the Magento 1 extension will take lots of time, for the professional developers too. Moreover, conflicts between the Magento 1 extensions will be resolved manually that costs efforts and time.